I have been training dogs in a professional setting for 8 years. In 2011, I graduated from UMBC with a Bachelor’s in Biology and from a local Dog Trainer University program. I became an AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator shortly thereafter.
Over the last 8 years I have worked with a variety of different breeds. My main focus has been on making each dog a safe, enjoyable and trustworthy companion. Since Obedience is a venue that reinforces these goals for me, my students and their dogs, I use its titles as a standard for training.
I have trained and shown the following dogs to these AKC Obedience (and Rally) titles.
- Maltese – CD, CDX, UD, UDX, OTCH (8 High in Trials, and 12 High Combined Scores)
- #1 Toy Dog and High Scoring Maltese at AKC’s 2011 National Obedience Invitational
- #2 Toy Dog at AKC’s 2014 National Obedience Championship
- Labrador Retriever – CD, CDX (video)
- Golden Retriever – CD
- Labrador Retriever – CD (video)
- German Shepherd Dog – CD, CDX (video)
- Golden Retriever – CD, CDX, RN, RA, RE (video)
- Doberman Pinscher – RN, RA, RE, CD, CDX (video)
Obedience training has proved to be a great foundation for other venues. I debuted in AKC Agility with Rugby, my Maltese, in October 2012. He earned his Novice Agility, Novice Agility Jumper, Open Agility and Open Agility Jumpers titles.
I have learned from each of those dogs and have been able to share what I have learned in group classes and private lessons. In November 2012, Leash Free Living Inc, officially opened for business where I continue to offer dog training services to the local dog community. Check the blog for more recent updates and see you in class!